Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Late Tag

My friend Megan tagged me about two weeks ago, and I've been really bad about completing it. So, since I don't sleep anymore, due to the little boxer living inside of me, I decided now is as good a time as ever. I am supposed to reveal 6 of my quirks. Here goes:

1. I won't wash my hair two days in a row. That's why summer kills me. I have to be really careful not to get it wet when I swim if it's not a wash day. My hair just dries out to easy, so I try not to wash it very often. I still shower, though. So don't worry :)
2. When I check on Julia before I go to sleep, I have to make sure she's breathing. If I can't hear or see her breathing, I put my hand on her chest to feel. I've done this ever since she was a newborn b/c I was terrified of SIDS, and even though she's two and a half, I still freak out a little. Nathan thinks I'm crazy. Probably am.
3. I hate doing dishes. I will shove everything, including pots, pans and my crock pot into the dishwasher to avoid the chore. And if the item simply won't fit, Nathan gets the honor :)
4. I have a habit of pushing on my two front teeth with my tongue or thumb from the front. I got made fun of a lot when I was younger for having big teeth. I never had braces, but kinda grew into them so they aren't so bad now. I'm still self concious though, and absentmindedly try and push them back.
5. I have a bedtime routine of brush my teeth, floss, wash my face, check on Julia and then pray. If I miss any of these things, I'll lay in bed thinking about how I need to do it. So the only way I can sleep, is if I follow the routine. (But currently, nothing can help me sleep)
6. I am addicted to Carmex. I keep a tube in my purse, my swim bag, my bathroom drawer, my nightstand, and my car (when it's not too hot outside). This way, I always have it when I need it. I always have to have a coat on my lips. In fact, Nathan remembers from our first kiss that I tasted like Cramex, so he went and bought a tube to wear so that he would always feel like he just kissed me. Isn't he romantic???

Well, there you have it. I'm sure I have weirder quirks I could share that I'm just not aware of :) I will tag my mom and Alisa Taylor.

4 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Those were cute. Sorry we never got together again. Things got crazy and Kyle was sick. Hopefully I'll see you in a few weeks! You would die that Kyle sleeps on his tummy...talk about SIDS!! haha. At least I don't smoke.

megan said...

I love the routine. I have to do everything a certain way too

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

That is a funny post. I have weird quirks too.
I haven't looked at blogs forever! I saw the one with you in fish lake. My family used to go there all the time when I was younger. Hope you are doing great.

Taylors said...

i love it -- especially the carmex one about nathan. that's just too cute.
i will start on mine soon :)