Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Eventful Weekend


Well, now that we're home and starting to get the hang of things, I thought I'd put up some more pictures from our eventful weekend. Thank you to all those who left your sweet comments and texts. I appreciate all of my friends' and families' love and support! :)
We'll start with Halloween. Friday night, Nathan, Julia and I went trick or treating with my family and some friends. It was really exciting for Julia. She kept saying,"candy!" and then "aarg" before she proceeded to hit the poor person with her foam sword. She was really into the whole pirate thing. It was such an awesome costume. Thanks to my friend Catherine for letting her borrow it.
After trick or treating we went out to my friend, Melissa's, Halloween party. Jon and Kara were dressed as pirates, too, and Julia and Jon had the exact same costume! It was pretty funny.

The next night was my friend, Meagan's, engagement party. Even though it was the day after Halloween, we were asked to dress up. I decided to be Sarah Palin, and Nathan was Michael Phelps. I felt like we did a pretty good job on the costumes. Nathan had a good time making all of his gold medals.
Well, while we were at the party is when it all started. I was sitting on the couch watching the game and talking with friends, when I decided to get up to go to the bathroom. I felt like my bladder was almost empty and gave a little push to try and get out those last few drops when I felt a big pop and then another gush of fluid, as if I hadn't gone pee yet. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I just finished up as usual and washed my hands. I dediced to ask Meagan's mom about it (she's an RN), and she said if it was my water breaking I would still feel leaking. After talking about it for a while, I decided to get up and fill out my card for Meagan's party before I forgot. As soon as I stood up, I felt the leaking, and then water started to run down my legs. I freaked out and squated down to try and hold it in so I wouldn't leak on my friends carpet. They ran and got me a towel, and we went out to the car to go to the hospital. Since we were so close to home, we went there first so I could change out of my Sarah Palin outfit and pack some stuff for the hospital. Once we were on our way to Chandler Regional, the contractions started. Luckly they were only every nine minutes, so I got a ggod break in between. When I got there, I was only dialated to a four. But by four am I was at a ten and twenty four minutes later our healthy baby boy was born!

14 comments:

August and Melissa said...

man that sounds so easy!

the landreths said...

Congratulations! Your babe is a babe and so are you.

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

Cute pics and great story! Too bad I look homeless in my picture! I REALLY need to start doing my hair every once in a while.

Susan said...

So cool that your water actually broke! :) I only say that because I've never had that happen until after I go to the hospital and then the doctor just does it for me. What an exciting evening! ;)

Tim and Jennifer said...

Yessss! I'm obsessed with birthing stories. I love to hear them. I know everyone has said this, but he is really such a handsome little guy. I'm so glad he takes a binky for you. I'm going to email you my address right how. WIsh I could be there to visit!

JonesFamily said...

I am loving the water breaking incident! So glad that you hubby made home in time everything went perfectly. That is one cute pirate too!

megan said...

Wow a real life "water breaking in public story!" You guys do look great in your Halloween costumes. I want to come see you so bad but I have get someone to watch Catch. He has impetigo and I don't want him to spread that to your children. Mason is super cute, I love him already! Are you calling him Mas yet? Or Mas face? Those are what we call my nephew Mason

Lexi said...

Congradulations! He is beautiful! I'm jealous, you're done, I still have 3 more months!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Wow. Sounds like your labor goes pretty quick. Did you get an epidural??? And I agree the water breaking in public story is awesome. You never hear of that happening very often.

Heather said...

Kassidi, he is beautiful!! I love the name Mason!! I think he looks a lot like Julia!! Have fun, boys are for sure an adventure! Glad you are done and everything is going well for you guys!

jon♥kara said...

I like your costumes you two look good. I love the water breaking part so funny.

Heidi said...

CONGRATS! What a beautiful boy! I think you should have gone to t he hospital in your costume though! :) Well, I can't believe we haven't gotten together yet, since we live so close now. :( And you are probably moving soon, not to mention I'm sure you have your hand's full for now. ANyways, hope you are recovering quickly. :)
Heidi

Alisa Larson said...

Wow - that's always my fear that'll I'll go into labor naturally like that! It just freaks me out! I think after 2 c-sec's, I'm afraid of natural. I'm glad it went well and he's a vary cute boy!

Arabeth said...

I am challenging you to the big 8's tag. Hope to read your big 8's soon!