Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First two weeks!

We made it two weeks! Mason had his two week birthday on Sunday! Now I have been told that I need to post new pictures of Mason, and update the blog. I'll start with letting you know I am enjoying very much being a mother of two. I didn't know if I could love another child as much as I love Julia, but the second I saw little Mason, I loved him just as much! He is such a sweet baby, and has such a mellow personality. Which is great in contrast with Julia :) Julia is a very loving big sister. She is very concerned when he's crying and is constantly showering him with kisses. I still have to watch her around him, though, because she really likes to touch his eyes. And when I'm nursing, it's like a free for all, since she knows I can't get up and get her. For example, today while I was nursing, she got into our fridge and ate two yogurt cups and four peppermint patties. When I was done nursing I had to clean chocolaty-yogurt fingerprints up from everywhere.
Mason has been to the doctor three times since we left the hospital, and the doctors say he is perfect, healthy, and growing very well. (Of course I already knew he was perfect) His first doctors appointment was on Nov 6th, and he weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 1/4 inches long. Then he had his two week appointment on Nov 14th where he weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. The doctor was amazed that he grew 20 oz's and one inch in just eight days. Then I had to bring him in yesterday, for something else, and they weighed him at 8 lbs 15 oz. He grew another 6 oz's in just three days! It makes sense, though, b/c I feel like I'm constantly feeding him. I'm very happy he's growing so well. I had so much trouble with Julia nursing at first, and she was so tiny. It relieves a lot of stress knowing that he's eating plenty. And he poops ALL the time! I have gone through two and a half packs of diapers already! I know this might be TMI, but he poops after I feed him, and then sometimes when I'm changing his diaper. We've had to wash our sheets more than once since we got back b/c of him going poop while changing him. It just shoots out! Very gross. And I forgot to mention in my last post that my normal doctor wasn't on call when I delivered, so I had the on call doc deliver Mason. That doctor happened to be Dr Partrich who also delivered me almost 24 years ago! How crazy is that!

These two pictures are for my friend Jennifer. She wanted to see pics of my hot baby ride. I LOVE my stroller! I highly recommend it. It has so many options. This is the toddler/newborn option. Once Mason's a little bigger he will be upright, and the seat Julia is in will click underneath, rather than on top (like in the picture I have on my stroller post)
Julia always wants to hold him and kiss him. She looks a little scary in this pic. I hadn't gotten her dressed or brushed her hair yet. I move slowly these days :)
Tummy time for Mason. He is so much cuter in real life! I need to work on my photography skills (I have none)


My very good friend Jenna got married this weekend, and Mason came along for the party. Here's Meagan looking beautiful in her bridesmaid dress. And then below, Nathan and I (not looking as hot as Meg)

18 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Wow Kass you look gorgeous! You are glowing in the picture! He is SO cute (mason, not nathan haha). I am so happy I'll see him in a little over a month!! Ok that stroller looks pretty cool, but how do you put Mason in like that? It's too high-tech for me to understand right now.

Susan said...

Love that little baby! He's so cute - I hope to meet him someday. :) And the stroller seriously looks awesome!! I want one!!

Taylors said...

I can't wait to meet him! Playdate this week?? Wed or Thu??

megan said...

I couldn't read the top of the post because the music thing was in the way (could just be my computer) You look fantastic! Stroller looks awesome, lets do something this week so I can see it and you guys. Also I think it is a cute picture of Julia and Mason together.

Arabeth said...

You guys look great! Thanks for the nice card! Love ya!

Peck Family said...

Kass you look so great! I want to look like you. Can I have your stroller! Are you in CALI yet? Taya and I want to visit you.

Peck Family said...

ps...
i bet you are already training for your ironman uh?

jon♥kara said...

In your comment you act like you'll never see us again. If you live in california we go there all the time. I'll probably see the you the same amount. Have you started packing yet? He's going to be a big boy!

Renee said...

The great thing about having such a cute kid is that you really can't screw up the pictures! Love the stroller, wish they would have had that when my kids were small. Sounds like you are doing great!

the landreths said...

Okay--love the stroller, you look great, and Mason is adorable. I'm glad to hear you're doing well! Good luck with your upcoming move!

April Gould said...

Mason is so cute. i love your stroller. i have never seen one like that... so cool.

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

You look really good. Your hair is getting so long! I'm thinking about copying your victoria beckham haircut. It was so cute!

tessa said...

I'm in the ward with some of your Midwestern friends and linked over. Thanks for the stroller review. I've thought about that one. Have you tried running with it yet? You do look great and such cutie kids!

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

He is so cute... you are so lucky to have such a cute little family! Next time that I am in town we need to get together so I can see you... it has been so long! I LOVED your message. You are so cute!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Hey I'm about to go private so I need your e-mail if you ever wanna look at my blog.

Annie Miller said...

He's adorable! What a sweet stroller. You'll have to let me know how the kids like it!

The Thatchers said...

that mekes me happy that your doing so good. i cant even imagine having another baby right know. i saw your family at the temple yesterday. it was good to see them.

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

What a cute cute family!!! He is darling. The picture where your friend in red is holding Mason-he looks like Easton with his mohawk :)