Friday, December 12, 2008

Sea world, Venice Beach and more Disneyland

We decided to go to Sea world on Saturday since it's only a two hour drive and we had free passes. We were all packed up and ready to go when our two and a half year old, who should be potty trained, had a horrible blowout. Poop was up to her neck and down to her ankles. SO gross. We had to strip her down in the tub and just wash her off. Once we got a new outfit on her and I rinsed out her dirty clothes, we were finally ready to go. The drive was going great, and we were making great time, but when we were about 2 miles from the park, Julia threw up all over herself. Perfect. I think it was a mixture of the huge Naked fruit drink she had and carsickness from watching movies the whole way. I've been to San Diego enough to know that there was a Target just a couple of miles up the road from Sea world, so we drove that direction so we can wash her off and get her a third outfit for the day. I spotted an Old Navy by the Target and decide to go there instead since I had Old Navy bucks. I had to buy her a new outfit and sweater, but it didn't cost me anything thanks to the bucks! Well, we finally made it to Sea world and had a fun time watching the show and looking at the animals. Mason and I checking out the seals and sea lions.
Julia liked the starfish. We felt so bad, because it wasn't until after we held the starfish out of the water for a couple of minutes that we found out you're not supposed to do that. It shocks their systems. Poor little guy.

We also went to Venice beach last week. Well, just me and the kids. Julia really liked to chase the seagulls away. Since it's off season, the beach was so clean and quiet. There were just a few surfers, a few other people, and us. It was very relaxing.
And of course we've been to Disneyland a few more times. I wanted to show everybody my sweet new baby carrier. I just got it Monday. It was my birthday present to myself (I'm now the big 2-4). Well, I guess from Nathan, but I bought it for myself. He actually makes fun of me for wearing it; says I look like a Jedi night. It is so comfortable, though, and Mason loves it! I can nurse him while he's inside so I can still use my hands! Awesome.

Speaking of Mason...Here are some new pictures of him. He is getting so big! Total opposite of Julia. According to our scale, he already weighs over twelve pounds!! He's not even six weeks until Sunday! What a moose!

10 comments:

megan said...

Oh my goodness he is so big! You are very brave for going on so many adventures. Also you look amazing

Arabeth said...

I feel terrible I havent even wished you happy birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Can I have your mailing address? He sure is a big boy. He is getting big and is so cute.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Ditto Megan, you look amazing. But what else is new? Mason looks so big. It's funny to see the last picture right next to the sidebar of Julia at age 1. He looks like he could beat her up! Are you trying to make us jealous with the beach scenes and Disneyland!!?? Can't wait to meet Mason soon :).

JonesFamily said...

Mason is so big!! I can't wait to come visit you in CA! You are looking way too hot...lucky.

jon♥kara said...

Looks like lots of fun. Not so much the poop and throw up but the rest. I like the wrap even though you do resemble a jedi master. you guys are so welcome to stay with us for christmas I just need the detail so i can make sure i clean out the extra junk in that room I should have done forever ago.

Unknown said...

Weston is the same way! He weighed almost 13 lbs at 5 1/2 weeks. It's so different to have a baby grow so fast. It seems like every time i try to put an outfit on him it's too small! We miss you guys. Mason is so cute. We'll probably miss you over Christmas, as we'll be in Salt Lake from the 18th to Jan. 5. Maybe we'll come to LA soon. You look fabulous!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Kassidi! That story of trying to get to Sea World is hilarious. Well for us readers it is. Crazy. Mason really does look like he is getting huge! Cute though. The Jedi thing is funny. I can see it but it looks really handy. So you guys are in Cali huh? For how long? Until June?

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Hi Kassidi,
You look amazing! Good luck in cali. We will call you when we head to disneyland, whenever that will be.

camille kempton said...

Dang!!! Are you sure he's only a few weeks old?!! You must have pure cream like your mother!

I'm glad you guys have made an easy adjustment to Cali. Looks and sounds like you are having lots of fun. Say hi to DR. REY for me.

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

So you are looking very hot little mamma! Can't wait to see you guys! I am SOOO jealous you get to go to Disneyland all the time! Maybe I can move there till you get back too! Mason is the bomb! He looks so much like you! And of course Julia is too cute too!