Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Coronado Island and Cabrillo National Park

The past couple of weeks my brother, Parker, and sister, Karsyn, were here in San Diego visiting with us. We had fun, and it was good for Julia to practice sharing here toys and mommy. Sunday my mom, grandmother and two more of my sisters, Kourney and Kellan, came to pick them up and visit. It was nice to have them here. Yesterday we went to Coronado Island.
Mason always manages to get covered in sand.
Julia was calling to her Aunt Kellan to help. She didn't want to go into the cold water.

The boys, Nathan and Parker, were working on their skin boarding skills.

Nathan borrowed some surfboards from our friend, Jon, and he's been practicing surfing.
Parker, Karsyn and Julia got buried. I almost wanted to leave Julia this way for a while...

They really love the sand.


Today we went to Cabrillo National Park Tidepools and Point Loma Lighthouse.

We will have to come back in the winter, because then you can see the whales migrating.

The Lighthouse


I thought this was a silly picture. This nice man was there to give out information and he was dressed as one of the crew that found the area in the 1500's. Julia wouldn't pose for a picture, but she liked to stand by him.

We were over looking the military base, so we saw some submarines,
battle ships and fighter jets. Pretty cool!

6 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I miss you. Looks like your mom has a nice camera, Mason's eyes are popping!

Peck Family said...

Kass! that first pictuer of you guys you are looking like a hot mamma! looks like you guys had so much fun. Miss you.

iknowjewels said...

What a fun trip! I can't believe how big mason is!

Julia makes me laugh so hard. Why does she like the man that looks like he is from Monte Python?

Arabeth said...

Love your pictues! Can't wait to come see you guys!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Funny!! I wanted to ask you your blog site but I didn't want to sound like a blog stalker. But I'm kindof a blog neard! Your blog is ADORABLE!! I just spent about 15 min. reading and now I feel like I know you so much better. You gotta make this into a book. It's too darn cute. Blurb baby that's where it's at. C ya when we get back and we'll play some more!

Jodi Stapley said...

Maybe you need to put in a disclaimer that all of these pictures were taken by YOUR MOTHER!! I just updated MY blog and then started looking at yours and realized you had already used a bunch of the photos that I took while we were there. THIEF!! LOL