Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finishing the House

Nathan stepped in some wood glue. That is why he is missing a sock. Dork.
For those of you who don't know, Nathan, Julia and I are moving in with my parents next week. We were supposed to move into a rental home by his school, but we had some problems with the renters and are no longer doing so. Instead of renting another place, we decided to move back to Chandler. Nathan is done with "school" and will be gone on rotations anyway, so why waste money on another rental. We were invited to move in with my parents, and after prayer and careful consideration, decided it was our best option. Nathan will be at a hospital in Tuscan all of October and in Shiprock, New Mexico November and December, so at least Julia and I will not be alone for these three months. I will miss all of the wonderful friends we made in Glendale, but I am so excited to see more of my family and old friends :)

Also, for those of you who don't know, my parents had not quite finished their addition. Now that we are moving in, they have kicked it into high gear. In the picture, Nathan and my Dad are installing the wood floor in the room intended for my brothers. (I am currently trying to talk my Mom into letting us have that room, seeing as it is 560 square feet.) There is still much to be done, but nothing that can't be accomplished in the next month or so.

Any of you married couples out there that have had to move back in with your parents feel free to share any advice. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

The house looks so good! It sounds like this situation will work well for you since Nate will be gone a lot. I believe you'll be more comfortable staying with your parents! :)

the landreths said...

We're going to miss you in Glendale! We lived with my parents for two summers in a row and it wasn't bad. Go on dates a lot!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

I am so sad that you are moving. You will need to come and visit a lot. I will be in Chandler to see my brother. We will need to hand out.
We lived with Sean's parents for 4 1/2 months. I loved it. We also lived with my parents for almost 3 months. It is great to be around family.

megan said...

first of all I cannot tell you how excited we are for you guys to move back to Chandler! Reuben and I had talked about moving in with my parents while Reuben goes to school (or building a little guest house in their back yard) but that probably won't happen. Maybe if they go on the mission they always dreamed of we will take over for them. If you need someone to hang out with while Nathan is gone give me a call. Now that I am done with school I have nothing to occupy my time (oh I guess work three days a week). Also if you need any help on getting the house ready sooner Reuben is totally willing and he already knows how to do everything.

Peck Family said...

iM SO SAD!

Tabitha said...

Kass- i lived with my in-laws this summer for a month and a half! It will definatly help you to get out of the house and do things on your own. Steve and I had alot of date nights- even in the middle of the week!