Sunday, August 26, 2007

Triathlon... I did it!!!

I completed my first triathlon yesterday! It was a harder than I expected. I had a burst of energy at the beginning, and felt like I did very well with the swimming and biking, but my legs where so numb by the time I ran than I think I would have been better off walking! It was so fun, though, and I hope to do another one soon!!!

Before the start, we were tagged up with our numbers.
Then we went into the aquatic center to swim. After we swam, we had to run outside, barefoot, to our bikes to get dressed, if you chose to dress. I did.


The biking was hard, but I feel like I did the best there. There were a lot of hills that made it challenging, but luckily a was able to push up them.

Once again, I had to change. But just into tennis shoes. Although I was so tired by now that I moved very slowly.

The running was the hardest. I finally made it to the finish line. It felt sooooo good to finish! I couldn't say the same for my hair! Talk about scary!

Julia took it all very well. I think she just liked being outside the whole time. Nathan said she would get really excited whenever I would go past. Maybe she's a future triathlete! (Hopefully better than her mother!)
Thanks so much to all those of you who supported me! Especially my wonderful husband, Nathan! I love you all!!!

15 comments:

the landreths said...

Way to go, Kass!! I am SO impressed. You're amazing!

IronLawGirl said...

oh mylanta! That's so awesome! No wonder you're so skinny! Good job!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

GREAT JOB!! I think you are amazing. I wish I had the energy to train for one of those.

megan said...

what a lofty goal to have completed! I'm so proud of you. You will have to teach me the self motivation tactics that you use

Peck Family said...

rOCK ON KASS! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ON A RUNNING MAG.

Fiona said...

Wow, that's awesome! I had no idea you were into triathlons...I have always wanted to do one, but I am no where close to being in shape for one right now...maybe someday...you are my inspiration!

Annie Miller said...

Congratulations! You look great. Maybe you can be my personal trainer someday :) Annie

JonesFamily said...

Yeah Kass!! I am so proud of you. I am so, so sad about your move, it is tragic. But whenever we do girls night you just come and stay over with me!! I am still planning on the Rocky Point Tri!!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Way to go! You look amazing. I think my favorite part of this post, however, is Julia stuffing her face at the end. I think i'm more like her than her momma. :)

Jess said...

Kass- I'm so sad that you are moving!!! You will still have to come here for our girls nights! Especially because you will have your mom to watch Julia :) Congrats on the triathlon. You are awesome!!!

camille kempton said...

Wow Kass, that's AWESOME!! You must take after your aunt Camille with your athletic ability.NOT! I don't think I could run two miles let alone swim and bike too. You're my inpiration!

Tanya Kimball said...

What an accomplishment! That is a HUGE undertaking! Drew's dad and brother do the Iron Man and I'm not sure how they are still standing by the end! But they say it's a HUGE high. I'm sure seeing that finish line was exhilerating!
-Tanya (Myers)

mIcHellE said...

YOUR AWESOME!!! Every morning I turn off my alarm clock and go back to bed I think about you getting up every morning to work out up in Flagstaff... I hope I am like you when I grow up :-)

jungleprincess said...

Nice job, Kassidi! Congrats on joining the "triathlon addicts" club. Once you start, you just can't stop. :>)

Tabitha said...

Kassidi- You are my hero! That is so awesome that you did that race!!