Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two down, Sixteen more to go...

Julia turned two on Thursday, April 24th. We spent most of the day in airports or flying back to Phoenix from Las Vegas, but I think she still had a good birthday. She loved flying. She called the airplane a shark, and I tried to get her to call it a jet, so she'd call it a shark-jet. Whatever. She was awesome on the flight, she just got really ancy while we were waiting on the runway. She didn't understand why she had to stay in her seat or on my lap with a seatbelt on. Well we made it home safely, and got to see daddy, and decided to go to Peter Piper Pizza for her birthday dinner. She loved it! We couldn't even get her to eat. She just wanted to go on this stupid merri-go-round over and over and over again. It cost 50 cents and lasted about 10 seconds so, needless to say, we spent too much money on the darn thing. Here's a pic of her so happy.
On Saturday, we had a last minute mini party for her at the park. We had some of our close friends there. Thanks for coming guys!! And they all spoiled Julia with fun gifts. Grandma Jeppesen even got her a really cool kitchen set! We had a pinata which she thought was so cool, but we only had a baseball bat, and I think it was too heavy for her to get a full swing. Our friend Zac eneded up just ripping it open and shaking out the candy. My favorite part of all was when Julia's friend, Isabelle, leaned over and blew out Julia's birthday candles before Julia could. We relit and Julia got her chance, but it was way funny.
Here's a video of it. I don't know why the right side is cut off, but you can still see what's going on:

8 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

How fun! That's a strong little girl to hold onto that bat! She is so cute.

August and Melissa said...

Hey sorry I missed her party! Happy Birthday Julia!!! We need to get together soon Kassidi-call me whenever

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

Oh yes that would be MY daughter and husband trying to steal the show. I try to keep them contained but it never seems to work! We had a lot of fun! Happy Birthday Julia! We love you!

jon♥kara said...

Alright two years old. How funny, wish we could have been there. It was fun playing tennis today i think I got alittle to much sun though my arms are red.

camille kempton said...

I bet daddy was glad to have his little girl home! Loved the video! At least she didn't mind that someone else blew out her candles.

reuben said...

sorry we didn't make it. I still have Julia's present in the back of my car. I will call you tomorrow to take it to her. Today is super busy, I get my horse!

reuben said...

also I think I can only leave comments under Reubens name on your blog, but it is only yours that is weird like that. Wait did you really block me? ha ha

jon♥kara said...

New post! new post!