Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ode to a great husband and father!

Today I have been married to my wonderful man for four years! In these four years, we have moved six times (making our seventh in December), even all the way from New Jersey. Between the two of us, we have held 11 different jobs and owned six different cars. Nathan has almost completed medical school, but I am still learning to be a mom :) So really, in all, we have done a lot of learning and growing in the past four years; tried to buy a house and failed, only to find out what a blessing that was when the market took a downfall in the next few months, and scheduled a cruise only to miss the boat but end up needing the money from the refund. Nathan helped me through two miscarriages and has put up with me through one and a half pregnancy's (which is a lot considering the mood swings and anxiety I get when I'm pregnant) The best part is he's done it with a smile and is always telling me how beautiful he thinks I am. I'm so glad that we've done it all together. It would have been nice if I could have instead put things like: In the past four years we have gone to Europe, China and Australia, ran a marathon together and swam with sharks, but I can't and that's ok. There will be a time for all that. But for now, I'm just glad I'm married to the man I am, the children he's given me and for the wonderful husband and father he is.

Just letting Julia decorate.


He loves to play with her. She loves this new idea "taking turns". So she jumps, does a trick, and then it's "your turn", she says.

12 comments:

megan said...

whoa Nathan that is a pretty rad trick on the trampoline! Happy 4 year anniversary! You guys really have been through a lot

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Happy 4 years!
And I want to tell Nathan...WHITE MAN CAN JUMP!!! :) Hope you are feeling well.

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Cute Ode. So true, honest, and down to earth. Life is great isn't it?...especially when you're pregnant in 115 degree weather :)

Alisa Larson said...

Congrats on your 4 yrs together! Oh and I LOVE that pic on the top of your blog. Did your mom take it? We desperating need a good family pic!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Wow, 4 years! You're old! i hope you had a great one. I loved this post.

Tim and Jennifer said...

The only way I "have time" to blog is I make time. I think it's fun to do. Sometimes I'll start a post and then do other things and then finish it since loading pics can take forever. Oh, and also I'm not pregnant, chasing a 2 yr old, teaching swim lessons, working out...you get the pic :). We need more pics of your cute belly!

Taylors said...

i love this kassidi. congratulations on your anniversary & on a future of so many more special memories yet to come.

April Gould said...

Wow good summersault... you did good to Nate :) but can you do it off a diving board? j/k. Happy Anniversary. It will only get better and better.

Unknown said...

Hi Kassadi,
Thanks for your comment on my blog, you have such an adorable little family!
Shelly Haggarton

brooksybabe said...

Congrats on your 4th anniversary. I am glad you ended up with a great guy. He ended up with a pretty great girl too!

jon♥kara said...

Wow that's right it was just your anniversary! Crazy four years how fun! I'm glad we've been apart of them all! Nathan is a great guy.

Annie Miller said...

Wow! Congratulations. Hope you are having a blast in Hawaii!