Sunday, August 3, 2008

Coconut Bras and Grass Skirts

Nathan and I were so lucky to be able to take a trip to Hawaii last week with some friends of ours. We had so much fun! We left the kids and had ourselves a much needed break. We were on the island of Oahu the whole time. It was so beautiful!
Here is a picture of the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor. I'm so glad we were able to to see it. It made me so sad, but grateful to all those who serve our country.
Here's the four of us outside our hotel. Zac, Catherine, me and Nathan.
We also got to visit the temple. The grounds were so green and beautiful! Did you know this temple was built before the Mesa temple? I thought that was amazing.
We took a hike through the rain forest to see some waterfalls. The boys thought they were Tarzan and decided to climb the vines up the tree.
(A true belly shot for those of you who have been asking)
We also got to go snorkeling a few times. It was so fun! I was a little scared at first, though. I thought I was going to scrape my belly on the coral. Nathan really got into it and took some awesome pictures. He wasn't afraid of sharks and swam a lot farther than me into the ocean.

Here we are at the luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center. That was pretty cool.
I bought this grass skirt costume for Julia. Pretty cute, huh?

13 comments:

jon♥kara said...

Looks like an awesome trip. You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back from your next trip to Utah.

Susan said...

Wo super fun! I want to go to Hawaii so bad - I'm glad you had a great time! And what a good lookin' belly! :)

IronLawGirl said...

K, seriously jealous! Looks like you guys had so much fun! And how are there no stretch marks on that belly? You are so blessed! When do you guys head out to LA?

Annie Miller said...

So glad you had fun! You look amazing. What a cute tummy! Catherine told me how you kicked her butt running.

Taylors said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I'm so sad that they split our ward (down Gilbert Rd.)! When you get back from Utah, call me and we'll hang out (your mom has my #).

megan said...

I have never been to Hawaii. Someday I will go. It looks like you guys had a great time. You look adorable! Less than 100 days to go!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

You look sooo cute in a bikini. Ya know, I hate wearing a bikini when I'm not pregnant cuz I just hate my stomach but when I'm preggers I will wear a bikini because you're supposed to have a big belly. HA! I'm so jealous. Never been to Hawaii.

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

We miss you guys! It was so fun! The only question is when are we all moving there? Neighbors?

Tim and Jennifer said...

What a great trip! You look so good. I can tell you feel much better this pregnancy. Hopefully I'll be the same way with the next

JonesFamily said...

Kass,
So fun! You look awesome! I will be calling you!

Paradise Found said...

You look fantastic in your swimsuit! And Julia is darling in her grass skirt and coconuts :) I'm really jealous right now. I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves. I'm so sad you and I won't be seeing each other at church anymore!

Lexi said...

Ok I am so jealous! Hawaii looks amazing! And I'm jealous because you have an awesome pregnant body! I am not even close to being as far along as you and I look disgusting already!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

You look great Kass! I love that you were sportin' the bikini with the cute prego belly!