Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Park City & Fish Lake

So a day after we got back from Hawaii, we headed up to Park City Mountainside Resort to spend a week while Nathan worked at the Salt Lake VA. It was fun for Julia and I, but sad that Nathan had to work. We got to spend a lot of time with his parents at the condo, and swim in the fun pool and hot tubs (they have seven!). Also, the resort has a bunch of fun activities for the kids. Nathan played hooky on Thursday so he could have some fun with us.
Julia and Nathan on the Alpine Slide.
Nathan and his Dad on the zip line.


After the week was over, Nathan was able to take us up to his family cabin at Fish Lake. He was so excited to go fishing! I think it's discusting, but whatever makes him happy. The cabin is at almost 10,000 feet, so let's just say I wasn't able to work out the whole weekend we were there. Just walking up and down all the hills almost did me in! Nathan went out fishing by himself the first day. We walked down to see if we could find him, but we couldn't. The lake was too big.
One of the fish Nathan caught. He cought a bunch, but only kept two to eat.
Julia and I decided to go for a ride. She wasn't patient enough to fish, though. She just wanted to keep reeling it in.
We saw a bunch of deer while we were there. Very cool.
Nathan's Grandma and Grandpa Jeppesen.

After we left the cabin, Nathan took us to the airport to fly home. We were so sad. Julia and I probably won't see him until right before the baby's born! Julia keeps asking where her daddy is. We already miss him!

9 comments:

Taylors said...

i'm so happy you guys had a good time! what a bummer it is to have to leave nathan behind though! what are you doing on friday? do you want to get together and swim or just hang out after naptime (2:30ish)? let me know 602-881-4141. i also want to give you your swing -- i can have jake drop it off anytime if you have the room for it.

Alyssa said...

Wow Kass, seriously you are so cute!!

Annie Miller said...

Holy cow! Do you three and a half ever rest? You look amazing btw!

Tim and Jennifer said...

I love that slide and zipline! Im sad we weren't there to see you. It is so funny to hear someone other than my grandparents talk about fish lake. Too bad Nate will be gone for so long. Call me if you get lonely. Tim starts school Aug 23. Kass, everytime I see pics of you pregnant I wonder if you're faking it by putting a pillow there because the rest of you looks so dang skinny still!

Niki said...

That sucks that you won't see him for a while, but man you made me a little home sick for the mountains and everything. I am so jealous, you guys are so cute I love reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you went to Utah. I've only been there once but I loved it!

megan said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. It was nice to get to take a vacation right before you don't get to see Nate for a long time. That really stinks but it will be worth it some day. It sounds like you already know that though. You are looking adorable I must say. My sisters in laws have a house not far from fish lake. We really love visiting that area

megan said...

I was just thinking the other day that it had been a long time since I listened to the Cranberries and then here they are on your blog

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

Kassidi! It's me Audrie Murdock... How the heck are you? I think about you from time to time.. you have such a cute little family! How exciting that you are pregnant! What are you having?