Sunday, January 18, 2009

Park City

We got back to Los Angeles from a fun holiday in Arizona, only to leave again in a week to Park City, Utah. Nathan and I got to ride while his mom watched the kids. And since their condo is right on the resort mountain, it was easy for me to come in every couple hours to nurse Mason. Each day during one of our breaks we would get Julia all bundled up to play in the snow. Her favorite part was throwing snowballs at unsuspecting victims as they walked by. Lucky for them she hasn't quite perfected the art, and most of the snow would just stick to her glove.Julia also got to try out snowboarding. Next year she'll be old enough to put in ski school while we're there.

The last full day we were there, we went down to Salt Lake City to show Julia and my families exchange student, Dani, Temple Square. I also got to visit with my friend Meagan Olson who is serving a mission there.
Thanks to Nathan's parents for sharing this trip with us. We had so much fun!

I also wanted to post some pictures of my Grandma and Grandpa Stapley's 50th anniversary party we had the day after New Years. It was a wonderful program put on by my parents and aunts and uncles.
My dad played the guitar while his siblings sang.
Grandma and Grandpa
Dani and Mason

11 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Oh my gosh, I love love love your bangs!!! I want bangs so bad but I think my hair's too thin for it. :(

Unknown said...

Love the bangs. You look like you're in college! Miss you guys so much!!!

megan said...

when did you get bangs? You hot mama! Your trip to Utah looks like a lot of fun. I miss you guys!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Kass! I LOVE the bangs! Keep them. They look great. YOU look great!

Tim and Jennifer said...

Looking good. Utah looks fun. Read Maegan's blog: http://www.maeganatthesquare.blogspot.com/ she mentions how much it meant to her to run into you! Mason is a stud.

Annie Miller said...

Sometimes cold is good--especially when you are dressed for it!

camille kempton said...

I almost didn't recognize you with the bangs. Cute! Isn't Park City the best!

Jon said...

We really need to go snowboarding together since the last time we went we were both sucky beginners. I feel like I improved alot the last time I went. Julia is cute in her snow clothes. That would have been funny to watch her throw snowballs. It was good talking to you, it's been too long.

Jon said...

oops it's kara not jon

The Thatchers said...

your hair looks so good. thats funny that julia was throwing those snowballs at random people.

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

Look at you miss hairstylist! Yours are way cuter than mine! I love them!