Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

This Easter was very fun. Now that Julia is older, she was really into the whole egg hunt and Easter bunny thing. I did try to explain the true meaning of the holiday to her, she didn't really grasp it. Maybe next year.
We started off the weekend with an egg hunt at one of the local rec centers. They did a really good job, and had cookie decorating, egg coloring, face painting and a bounce house.

Then Saturday night we decorated eggs for the Easter bunny to hide. Julia really liked this.The next morning the Easter Bunny had come and left some fun toys, new swimsuits and eggs for the kids. And he hid the ones we decorated. Julia started strong, but about half way through, she just layed on the floor. I think the Easter Bunny overdid it with the eggs. You can see how full her basket is already...
Julia and Mason in their Easter best. This picture cracks me up, because as most of you know due to complaining in past posts, Julia is really hard to get a good picture of. I have a hard time getting her to smile, look at the camera and open her eyes all at once. I usually only get only one or two of the three. Anyway, in this particular picture, she had been closing her eyes in all the pictures, so I said, "Open your eyes nice and big like Disney Princess eyes!" and she did. Needless to say, a little unnatural looking.
Since our church building is right next to the temple, we decided to take a few shots of the kids. The grounds are beautiful, and so are our kids, of course, but the pictures weren't as well as I hoped, since they were both tired after church.I was able to get a really nice shot of Julia. She looks so sweet and innocent. Looks can be deceiving...

10 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

For some reason I am emotional looking at these. Maybe it's because I can't believe how old we are and that you have two beautiful kids! Mason totally looks like a Stapley baby to me. I love all of the photos. Julia is always dressed so cute.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Hey Kass, do you recycle the tags and cut them from your clothes first? :) Unfortunately, I don't think you'll ever forget that awful memory...

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea new swimsuits for easter. I gave mykids flipflops or ahem i mean the easter bunny did. Maybe they'll get swim suits next year. Julia and Mason look so cute as always.

Unknown said...

So funny. Layla has that sweater and she wore it on Easter, too. Cute pics, we miss you guys!

megan said...

My favorite picture is the one of the kids on the table with their Easter baskets. Julia's hair is rockin' and Mason's smile is adorable! It looks like you guys had a great Easter. We miss you too!

Taylors said...

Love the pics! It was fun talking to you yesterday! You're kids are adorable!

August and Melissa said...

Hey Kass- Ya i will be in town that week and like always I will proly just have a get together at my house or something on my Birthday- i think it's a Friday so it works out. Call me

Jodi Stapley said...

Cute pictures--Julia's dress is on backwards(the buttons go in the front)--you must take after your dad, because he was always putting the dresses on backward(not on him, of course-that would be weird), but on you and your sisters.

jon♥kara said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the crazy eyes pic Julia cracks me up and the one of her laying on the floor I don't think she could fit another egg in her basket. How fun. Oh and I won't be able to come out for my birthday but I will be coming out for Karen's and we'll be going to Disneyland on the 15th of May. Just a heads up.

Peck Family said...

we miss you! I got your message! will you not give up on me. I am calling you tonight at 9 or this weekend. Got to love AT&T.

Kass! Taya and I are coming to see you soon.
love
heather