Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Little Monkey Turns 3!

Last Friday Julia had her third birthday! I can't belive it's already been three years since Julia came into our lives! We love her so much and she brings us so much joy!
On her birthday, she woke up to balloons and a table full of her birthay presents.
She does a real good surprise face.
I think this one was her favorite gift.
After opening her presents, we headed off to The Magic Kingdom! We had birthday reservations at the Cafe Orleans where Julia would get a birthday cake in a princess treasure chest, but our reservations got all mixed up. They were able to still get us in, but were all out of cake. So instead they gave us a free desert, and still gave Julia the treasure chest with mirror and princess flag. She loved it. And the dessert was these yummy donut-like things in the shape of Mickey Mouse. They put a candle in one and decorated it with sprinkles for Julia. She liked it.
We bought her her season pass and she was already tuckered out from standing in line to have her picture taken for the pass. She also got her birthday buttons.
A visit with Winnie the Pooh.
We shouldn't have waited for the end of the day to take this picture. Mason was too tired. He looks like he's crying harder than he actually was. He was only whimpering a little.
Also, my Mom and sister, Kourtney, were in town because my sisters choir was singing at Fullerton College and then going to Disneyland on Saturday. So my Dad, who's been working in Las Vegas, decided to come over to LA and stay with us for the weekend, rather than back to AZ. He drove straight to Fullerton to see my mom and we headed over there to see my mom and sister after Disneyland, where she succeeded in talking me to come to Disneyland the next day. (Going to Dland on a Saturday did not sound fun to me and we were originally supposed to go down to San Diego to find a place to live.) Well, it was really crowded, but I had a fun time with my parents. Glad my Dad was able to stay with us!
Hanging out with Grandpa at Grandma's hotel after Disneyland!

7 comments:

iknowjewels said...

Super cute! Vivian had those princess shoes for Christmas one year, and she wore them EVERYWHERE.
They will become the regular shoes for a while...

Plus Julia's hair is really coming in! No more bald baby. She has a pretty color too.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Julia is starting to look a little more like you. I can't believe she's 3! You guys have such a cute family. Miss you!

Heather said...

WOW!! I remember when you had her! seems like yesterday we were prego with Julia and Noah...Now you're in California and we are in Utah!! CRAZY! Happy Birthday Julia!

iknowjewels said...

Oh, I'm sorry you/family is sick! yuck, Megan has that too.

We move at the end of june! When are you gusy off to San Diego? I am going to try to get Jason to go out on Saturday night, how about then?

We are heading out to the outlets just now, sorry you can't come! I will tell you about them when we meet up next because they are such steals.

August and Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun. Sorry we never got around to visiting this week. It's been a crazy one. Happy B-day Julia!

Sydney said...

So cute! I can't believe Julia is 3!!! It looks like you and your family had a great time! Love you!

jon♥kara said...

Happy Birthday to Julia! So she got alittle party with your fam in town after all. She's such a fun spirited little girl. I wonder who she's going to be like?? Her wonderful energetic mother I presume. You look really good Kass!! SO tan maybe I should try getting one of those.