Monday, October 6, 2008

Daddy's Visit

Nathan was able to sneak away for a week, and we were sooooo happy to see him! He was such a big help with Julia, and it was so nice to have my best friend back! I don't know how army wives do it for so long!!! We were able to spend the week visiting friends and family and just hanging out. It was great! I had to take him to the airport yesterday, though, and I am already so sad he is gone. Only four more weeks and he'll hopefully never have to leave again :)
His first day here we attempted to take family pictures along with some maternity photos. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Julia, as most of you have heard before, does not do well with pictures. We were not able to get any good family shots, well, maybe a few with some good editing, but we did get some fun ones.


And here are a few shots of my big ol belly.


I've decided I could never be a model. It was so awkward having pictures taken of me by myself. Hopefully after the baby's born we can get Julia to sit still for a few pictures for Christmas cards.
So Nathan's in Virginia now and will be home sometime before Nov 2nd. I'm hoping he'll be home by Halloween for two reasons. One, I'd like him to be able to go trick or treating with us b/c he missed it last year (he was on rotation in New Mexico) and two, it would be awesome to have the baby on Halloween, so of course I would want him here for that :)

13 comments:

Renee said...

I think the pictures look great. Did your Mom do them?

Tim and Jennifer said...

Ooo Scary background! But not scary pictures!! You look gorgeous. I'm so happy for you that Nate was back. I should have mentioned your bday on my blog. I mean, come on, it's my first thought when I hear "December 7." Are you wearing Joe's Jeans? What pregnant woman can do that?? Hot Mama!

JonesFamily said...

So nice he was able to visit. Ryan gets home just in time for Halloween. It is never fun to have them miss out on the fun stuff!

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

YOu are lookin foxy Kass!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

You look like a HOT MOMMA!!! You are only belly. Julia is getting so big.

Heather said...

You look so good!! I'm glad Nathan was able to come home with you guys for awhile, I'll be hoping for a haloween baby for you!! Good luck!

Annie Miller said...

You look sooooo good! I'm glad Nate got to come and visit. That would be so hard. Almost there!

megan said...

you look great! Yes lets totally hang out this weekend. What do you want to do?

camille kempton said...

Kass you hardlly have a big belly. Hang in there, it's almost over!

jon♥kara said...

Hey girl cute background. Those pics just show the fun time you had with Julia, her face is so funny in the one with you and her. Sorry I've been kind of flaky on calling you back. What are you guys going to do this weekend?

April Gould said...

I love your pictures and belly shots are so cute.

Peck Family said...

what's that air bubble you have? YOu are the cutest.

Arabeth said...

You look great. I will call you soon. When Brae is back to school on wed.