Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our California Adventure

Julia, Nathan's mom (Laurie) and I took a trip last Wednesday to Los Angeles to hunt for apartments. What a nightmare. I'd never driven in LA before, only gone to Disneyland. The traffic and roads are crazy! And there's never anywhere to park. Luckly we were driving Laurie's car that had GPS, or we would probably still be lost in the middle of the city. We found a few apartments that I wouldn't mind living in. The problem is, we will most likely have to rent a one bedroom because of prices, and we have to try back again end of October b/c no one would hold an apartment for us until our move the end of November. The hospital he will be working at is in a very nice area near Beverly Hills, and that's why it was so hard for us. But we don't want to be too far away, b/c even just a twelve mile drive can turn into an hour or more drive in traffic. I was so drained after two days of searching. Luckly, my mother in law was so sweet to take Julia and I to Disneyland the last day of our trip. She even bought me a season pass so that we can go whenever we want once we move :)
The coolest part about Disneyland was that while we were waiting in line, I saw Mark and Gev from the show So You Think You Can Dance. I asked them if I could take a picture and they were so cool. I saw them later on and Courtney from the show was with them, along with another blonde girl I didn't recognize.

Julia was so excited to see Pluto. I can't belive how much more she was into the Disney characters than our trip eight months ago in February.

She has her pirate hat and beads from New Orleans square. Also, Laurie bought her this Cinerella baby that she was absolutely obsessed with. For journaling purposes I need to add that we watched the parade and Julia was just so excited about it and dancing the whole time. At the very end the princess float came and the princesses got out to dance. Julia was beside herself with amazement. Then once they passed, she grabbed my hand to follow behind them while crying, "Wait for me princesses, I'm coming!" But we were unable to keep up b/c of the crouds, and it just broke my heart that she was so serious about it all and very upset they weren't waiting for her. She was ok, though once we distracted her with some more rides :) Dumbo is her favorite still.

At the end of the night I wanted to get one picture of her with the Mickey pumpkin, and she would have nothing to do with it. She was happy until I got out the camera. Why is my daughter so anti pictures???

I'm glad we were able to have a little bit of vacation on our trip, and I really hope we are able to sign a lease with a safe, affordable apartment soon!
Also, good news, Nathan is here this week. Yeah! He was able to sneak a break before he's off to Virginia for another month. We love Daddy!

6 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I was wondering how it went! I'm glad you decided it wasn't going to be ok for Nate to drive forever to work and back. How jealous am I that you saw Gev? I have a total crush on him! I would have told Mark to step out of the photo. You are still looking so good!

Susan said...

Ahhh!! So jealous! I saw the tour show in Utah this past week and it was awesome - but it would have been even more awesome to run into Gev and Mark at Disneyland!! The Happiest Place on Earth, for sure! :)

megan said...

I'm sorry that apartment hunting didn't turn out as well as you had hoped. I'm glad you got to go to Disneyland and run into Gev and Mark. I am so jealous. I am going to the SYTYCD tour next week and I"m so excited. Hooray for Nathan being in town this week!

August and Melissa said...

I had a lot of fun at our house too- August is so excited aout cycling! He wants to go all the time now and lose weight!

Jeremy & Audrie Williams said...

Cute pics! I want to go on a vacation!

Renee said...

Julia's attitude in the pumpkin picture is hilarious! We will have to catch you at Disney on one of our next trips. I love that place. I am hoping for early December (you're probably out for that one), early January or February, and March (the first week of our spring break). Sorry the apartment hunting was so difficult. Even after living there I think it would still be overwhelming to find a good place to live.