Monday, June 16, 2008

Nathan's Rotation Rollercoaster

Most of you know that Nathan was leaving in July for rotations for school, and then coming back in November when we will then move to Flagstaff until he graduates. Well, he received a phone call Thursday that left him a little stressed and upset. Apparently the program he was super excited to attend in Tuba City (just outside Flagstaff) is dropping it's student program. So this left Nathan with nowhere to go the month of July as well as November through April. After working on his case for a little while, the school informed him that the program he got accepted to at Yale would still take him, or he could go to the Phoenix VA. Neither of those options sounded good to us since Yale is all the way on the east coast and I'm due the month we would need to leave, and he's been at the Phoenix VA a few months all ready, so he wanted to go somewhere new. Nathan went ahead and asked them if there was anyway he could get in somewhere on the west coast (San Diego, LA, SF, Portland or Seattle). Turns out UCLA had an opening, and we won't have to go until December. We just need to wait for the director to look over his transcripts and accept him. I'm not too worried though, seeing that Nathan is ranked third in his class (sorry, I'm bragging). So now Nathan is just going to a local doctor office for the month of July, Salt Lake in August, Denver in Sept, Virginia in October, and hopefully somewhere local in November before we move to LA December to May. I am so excited about this new schedule for two reasons: A) he's now going to be here for July, and B) we will live in California for at least 5 months! It's going to be expensive, but so much fun! We can go to the beach and Disneyland all we want! I think I'm a little more excited than Nathan :)

7 comments:

camille kempton said...

Well of course Cali always sounds fun until your stuck in traffic! With your family being so young you should have taken on the east coast because it could be a very long time before you could experience it again. Yale?! Wow! That would sure look good on a resume! Nathan will do great no matter where he goes!

Susan said...

Oh man! That's a crazy story - I'm glad it seems everything will work out - I mean southern CA is way more fun than Flagstaff! :) I'm jealous! And it was fun to see you today! :)

Tim and Jennifer said...

Kassidi, your dreams are coming true! You're going to live close to the beach! I am so excited for you and Nate, but sad he'll be in SLC in August. We are moving the end of July... isn't it amazing how things always work out? It sounds like you guys must be on the right track because you are being blessed. Oh, and we know how smart Nathan is (although it does surprise me at times jk nathan!)

Arabeth said...

Everything always seems to work out for the two of you. So California. CAn I come visit???

Taylors said...

Wow, that sounds so fun! Good luck to you and Nathan wherever you end up, but it sounds like you'll do great wherever :).
Yes, we should get together soon. My kids love to swim! If you have a free day, you & Julia should come over for a pool day.

megan said...

Wow that is big news! I'm so excited for you guys! We want to come visit you guys while you are in Cali too. I was just saying like 20 minutes ago that I want to take Catcher to the beach when he is a little older so that he can run around there. What are you doing on Friday? Lets do something so I can see you or at least give you Julia's birthday present. I will call you

jon♥kara said...

I'm glad things are working out for you. But Kass don't forget you'll have a newborn little Jeppesen right when you move out there so the Disneyland trips might not be soo frequent.