Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tagged Again!

I've been tagged again! I like this one b/c I just learned so much about my friend, Elisa, who tagged me, after reading hers. So here goes: How To Play This Game of Tag: Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, & 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!
Joys:
1. Julia & Nathan. I can't believe how much my priorities changed after Julia was born. I'm at the point were I think I need her more than she needs me. People always comment on how nice it must be living with my mom so that I have a built in babysitter, but the truth is, I don't usually leave Julia with her unless she's napping. I pretty much take Julia everywhere with me b/c I miss her so much when I'm gone. Even just for an hour. I am so happy to see her in the morning when she wakes up. I'll even wake her up sometimes! (I know, I'm crazy) I feel whole with her in my life :) Same with Nathan. He is a wonderful husband. He takes such good care of Julia and I, and does such a good job putting up with all the drama around him. (It's hard living with your wife's family). He is so bright, and I'm very proud of everything he has accomplished in school and life. He is a worthy priesthood holder and loves the Lord. I couldn't ask for anything more!
2. Disneyland! OK, this one will be short. You don't have to know me well to know I love Disneyland. I've been there over 20 times since I was one. So for me it is a magical place full of memories. And now that I'm older, I want to share those memories with my kids. Can't wait to move to LA!!!
3. My "BIG" family. I have a huge family. I'm the oldest of eight kids, my mom's the oldest of ten and my dad's the second oldest of seven! It is so fun! And even though we do not yet know how large we want our family to be, I find so much joy in being part of a large family!
Fears:
1. Death. The closest person to me that has died is my great grandmother Allen. She died the summer of 2003, and I still get really sad when I think about it. I'm afraid of what would happen to life if I lost someone even closer, like my Grandma, who's been sick for a while, one of my parents, or my child. I can't even think about it or I get horrible anxiety.
2. Scorpions. I never even thought about these little devils until we had an infestation at our apartment in Glendale. And then once Julia was born I couldn't sleep at night, worrying whether they would get to her or not. That's why we got our cat. But we just ended up moving anyway.
3. Ghosts, Aliens, the unknown... I know, I'm such a baby. I am terrified of these things, though, and that is one reason we are not living alone while Nathan is gone. I'm just a big Scaredy Cat!
Goals:
1. Potty training Julia before baby boy comes! We've already started. I figured it might take 4 months, so we started early. So far she has about a 20% chance of going in the toilet. Hopefully she will get better, b/c I can not afford to put two kids in diapers!
2. Get my bachelors degree. I was half way there when I dropped out to work full time when Nathan started Medical School. Hopefully when my kids are both in school, I'll go back and finish up. It might take me longer, though, b/c my major was Spanish and I've pretty much forgotten everything I'd learned.
3. Go on a mission with my husband. Nathan and I got married before he was able to serve a full time mission, so we would really like to serve together later in life.
Current Obsessions/ Collections:
1. Buying Julia clothes and shoes. I've actually done well lately, since we've been trying save for our move to California, but she has more clothes and shoes than both Nathan and I. I just love how cute she looks in everything!
2. Potty training Julia. I've been buying her so much stuff, princess panties, princess toys, and princess movies, to bribe her. I also make myself crazy asking her all the time if she has to "go".
3. Working out. Here's another one where you don't have to know me well to know I'm obsessed with working out. I wake up every morning at 5 to either go to spinning, weight lifting or go run 7 miles. It's my high. If I don't wake up early enough to go, I obsess about finding another time in my day to workout (which is hard with Julia).
Surprising Facts:
1. I like to watch the History and Discovery channels. There's just so much randomly interesting information out there!
2. I wanted to be a marine biologist when I was growing up. And I can't wait to live by the Ocean! Dolphins, whales, sharks, octopus, they all fascinate me (that's why I love that discovery channel!)
3. I can still do a back handspring, and a round off-back handspring. I know my cheerleader days are long gone, but I've still got the skills! :)

I tag Arabeth, Heather, Kara, my mom, and Jennifer.

9 comments:

Taylors said...

Thanks for taking the tag challenge! I feel like I know you so well now too! I'm so jealous that you are "obsessed" with working out -- maybe if we hang out it will be contagious? Are you and Nathan scuba diving certified? Jake & I are always looking for other certified couples.

Arabeth said...

I think this will be a hard tag to do so be patient it may take me a couple of days.

Tim and Jennifer said...

ooo fun one! I love reading tags! haha--is that nerdy?? I'll get to it when i can! I, too, wish I were obsessed with working out. Hmmm, maybe some day.

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

I notice I wasn't tagged this time! Maybe because I never do it!

Aaron & Tami said...

Wow i did not know all of that about you, when did you start working out so strenuously? and ya thing are well just trying to pay off all the debt right now but we are wizzin by that and will be done in no time! were abouts are u guys living now?

April Gould said...

Hello, It is so fun to read all about you. I wish I had that much determination to Run for 7 miles especially since your pregnant! Wow. I always admire people who are self motivated to work out. Thats why you look so great.

Lexi said...

That was fun to learn more about you! You are just too cute.

August and Melissa said...

Congrats on having a boy Kass!!!! I just read your blog- yey!!!

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Good idea with the automatic starter. I have been wanting one too.
Our old one used to be a viper brand. Sean said you get them at a store that sells sound systems, ex:Best buy, ultimate electronics. They range from $300-$600 depending on how you make it.