Monday, June 9, 2008

San Diego!!!

Last week we decided last minute to go to Sea World. I had been bugging Nathan about it for a while b/c Julia is so obsessed with fish and sharks. He kept saying no and that we couldn't afford it. Well, I was complaining to a friend of mine who has a daughter Julia's age, and she said that they would come too so we could split the price and it wouldn't cost as much. Nathan agreed and Saturday morning at 4 am we were on our way. (Thanks Angelica!)
We stopped to see the sharks first. Julia really liked them. She kept saying, "ooo scary!"
And here is the shark tunnel. We walked through that one a couple times. That was the best way to see the sharks.
We also got to pet and feed the dolphins. Julia was more scared of them than the sharks, though. And I think it's b/c we were able to get so close.
I'm so glad we went! Julia really got into the shows and LOVED Shamu.
On Sunday we went to the beach. It was so beautiful! Of course crazy Nathan went swimming, and we made Julia get in, too.
Julia had more fun with the sand castles, though.
And eating the sand. YUCK!
I love San Diego! The whole time we were there, I was trying to talk Nathan into doing his residency there. We'll see!!!

I also want to give a shout out to the Brimhall family. Last time we went, Julia was 4 months old and we took the trip with them. We had so much fun! (Even though Julia wasn't old enough to care) And we really missed you guys while we were there! Love you!

10 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Was this trip for Julia or really for you? Didn't you want to be a marine biologist growing up?? Either way, it looks like tons of fun. It was fun talking the other day. Wish I lived closer!

Arabeth said...

Hey Kassidi. I was totally thinking of our trip together there as I was reading and scrolling down your blog. So glad you guys were able to go. Miss you guys.

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

Kassidi- Where is the belly dude? I see how you are stratigically placed behind Nathan! It sounds like a lot of fun but how about....ALOHA BABY!!!!

megan said...

I want to see pictures of you too! Your arms and legs still look fantastic. What a fun trip. I keep trying to go to San Diego too.

megan said...

oh and when do you find out what you are having?

megan said...

ok as soon as I have some money (you know in like 10 years) we are so going to San Diego. I mean it. What are you doing this weekend or next week?

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Call me. I hope we didn't miss you on the wed you were coming. Not sure if it was yesterday or next wed. ??? If you aren't coming for a while again let's meet half way. We miss you guys and I need to rub the budda for good luck :)

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Hi Kassidi,
It looks like you had fun on your trip. When do you find out what you are having?

jon♥kara said...

i love the pic with julia eating sand! it was fun hanging out yesterday we need a pool.

Taylors said...

hey kassidi! just had to peek at your blog (got the link from your mom's). Your family is so cute! Congratulations on being pregnant -- i had no idea! Looks like our babies will be only 1 month apart! Speaking of which, I still have your baby swing. You'll be needing that now! Talk to you soon,
Elisa